This early-19th century playing card is from a set of 60 such cards, each devoted to a different province or territory of the Russian Empire, which at the time included the Grand Duchy of Finland, Congress Poland, and Russian America. One side of each card shows the local costume and the provincial coat of arms; the other side contains a map. This card depicts Georgia, an ancient kingdom that was annexed by Russia in 1801. Located in the Caucasus Mountains, Georgia bordered the Black Sea and Turkey to the west, Persia (present-day Iran) to the south, and the Caspian Sea to the east. Tiflis (present-day Tbilisi) was the administrative center. The card indicates that the distance from Tiflis to St. Petersburg was 2,625 versts, and from Tiflis to Moscow, 1,905½ versts. A verst is a Russian measurement of distance, no longer used, equal to 1.0668 kilometers.