Tabor Presbyterian Church. Southwest Corner of Christian and 18th Streets, Philadelphia. Erected A.D. 1863


This hand-colored lithograph from circa 1863 shows an exterior view of the Gothic-style Tabor Presbyterian Church, located at the southwest corner of 18th and Christian Streets in Philadelphia. This view also shows pedestrian traffic in the foreground, including a couple, a woman and child, and a man strolling with two women. The church was organized in 1863 from members of the Missionary Association of the Calvary Presbyterian Church. Philadelphia-based architect Samuel Sloan (1815–84) was a member of the Tabor Presbyterian Church. This lithograph was completed by artist John Frampton Watson (circa 1805–66), who worked as a lithographer and printer in Philadelphia from 1833 until around 1866.

Date Created

Subject Date

Publication Information

J.F. Watson Lithography, Philadelphia


Title in Original Language

Tabor Presbyterian Church, s.w. corner of Christian & 18th Sts. Philadelphia. Erected A.D. 1863

Type of Item

Physical Description

1 print : lithograph, tinted and hand-colored ; 62 x 48 centimeters


  • Digital catalog number: POS 740

Last updated: October 30, 2015