Ring Street, Budapest, Hungary, Austro-Hungary
This photochrome print is from “Views of the Austro-Hungarian Empire,” a selection of photographs of late-19th century tourist sites in Eastern and Central Europe (formerly known as the Austro-Hungarian Empire) that was part of the catalog of the Detroit Publishing Company. It depicts the section of Budapest that, since 1920, has been called Lujza Blaha Square, named after a popular actress. The back of the old National Theater, which was demolished in 1965 to make way for the construction of an underground metro station and tunnel, is visible on the extreme left.
Detroit Publishing Company
Type of Item
1 photomechanical print : photochrom, color
Last updated: January 8, 2018