This map of Bululu in northeastern Uganda was issued in 1941 by the Land and Survey Office of the Uganda Protectorate (present-day Uganda). It was drawn and compiled by the Land and Survey Office, based on surveys carried out by the protectorate’s directorate of surveys in 1938−39. Shown on the map are towns; roads of different classes; schools and mission stations; and lakes, rivers, forests, swampland, water holes and springs and other natural features. Elevations are given in feet above sea level. The scale of the map is 1:250,000. The eastern end of Lake Kyoga is visible on the western side of the region. The number of ginneries indicated on the map suggests the importance of cotton for the local economy. An index grid at the bottom shows the different sheets of the series of which this map is part. Present-day Bululu is a sub-county in Kaberamaido District, one of the new districts in Uganda formed by an act of parliament in July 2001.
Great Britain. Army. East African Survey Group
Title in Original Language
Bululu: Africa 1: 250,000
Type of Item
1 map ; 61 x 54 centimeters
- From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
Last updated: March 24, 2015